Rumour has it that staff at one London Borough have been cancelling their own PCNs and giving themselves parking dispensations.
Let us hope that this is not the 'vision for the future of parking enforcment' they had in mind when winning awards. Perhaps if council parking departments were reminded that they are delivering a service and ARE NOT private businesses
If true, then this is just as bad as MPs fiddling their expenses. Civil servants are not above the law and any such abuse must not be allowed to be swept under the carpet and evidence must be passed to the Police.
If true there must be public censure and dismissals no matter how high up the ladder the officers involved. Quiet pay-offs and resignations must not be allowed.
More to come in the next few days.
- ► 2011 (51)
- Will this affect the BPA Award winner's reputation...
- Which Council is in for a big, embarrassing fall f...
- A helping hand for the motorist
- Support Help for Heroes ...
- Help for Heroes ... hope you can sponsor me
- Aberdeen parking cases could invalidate £millions ...
- Just desserts ...and this is where the law DOES co...
- ▼ June (7)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)