Don't think that Bolton Council is just beginning to mislead motorists. They have alreay been caught out and censured by the Local Government Ombudsman.
Motorists ‘misled’ over parking fines
From the Bolton Evening News,
first published Wednesday 23rd Aug 2006.
BOLTON Council has been criticised by the Local Government Ombudsman over the wording on its parking tickets.
Government watchdogs found wording on information relating to the appeals procedure was misleading.
It means some people who might have otherwise lodged an appeal against a ticket were discouraged from doing so.
Now the council has issued new guidance in line with Government recommendations - but it could lead to some motorists launching retrospective appeals. More ...
Another report here at www.rottencouncils.co.uk
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- Herron and Segal back on Talksport
- How's this for a cracking piece of parking?
- Illegal Signs? More going down in Bolton
- Bolton Council good at 'misleading' motorists
- Newcastle Council supports the 'Toon' ... Black an...
- Parking in Sunderland. Has the Council turned over...
- Free Parking in Blackburn? You better believe it.
- Bolton Council's unlawful parking regime
- It's hard being a butcher in Rotherham
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)