Allerdale Council 'amended' their Notice to Owner on 13th June 2007.
They claim that the original Notice to Owner was 'valid' but required some 'minor' amendments.
Not sure why a legal document needs to be corrected to make it more correct.
However, the 'minor' amendments as they call them were to make a non-compliant notice into a compliant one.
How did they become aware?
They only found out when we introduced it as evidence into an NPAS case, Hodgson v Allerdale, some weeks earlier.
Allerdale were 'assisted' by the adjudicator who did not rule on the evidence supplied in relation to the validity of the notices and strike them down as the Chief Adjudicator did in Aylesbury Vale v Lukha but decided in favour of the appellant on a technicality with regard to the display of a Blue Badge.
Subsequently, this decision allowed Allerdale to change the notices without having to write off all outstanding tickets as they would have had to if the adjudication had been on the points raised.
Once you realise that NPAS get 55p per ticket and such a decision could also compromise their revenue stream then their claim to be independent and impartial leaves a lot to be desired and as more and more evidence builds up it is only a matter of time before this organisation falls.
Monday, September 24, 2007
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- £millions more Scottish parking tickets set to be ...
- A quiet life but for the Gypsies and Angelina Joli...
- Wardens warned to behave
- Sunderland Parking Shambles will cost someone's li...
- Dark Clouds over Sunderland ... Tory victory in by...
- Letter to Sunderland City Council's Chief Executiv...
- NCP and Council rub their hands at parking fine re...
- Car Cloning nightmare scenario for motorists
- Information, public documents and Freedom of Infor...
- It's a fine day in Caermarthen
- Taking back control ... how appropriate
- Parking: City in Control ... Sunderland Council to...
- Hackney Council lifts 'Hunting' ban
- Did NPAS 'assist' Allerdale Council? You decide
- Christchurch Council ignores the law for parking b...
- Scottish Council cries crocodile tears over Scotti...
- Losing Weight
- Hackney Trading Standards Officers seize imperial ...
- Hackney Council letter 'blames' Metric Martyrs and...
- Victory for the Metric Martyrs ... but what next?
- Parking to cost more in city of Sunderland
- Letter to Sunderland Echo
- ▼ September (22)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)