Is this a sign?
PARIS A 118-year-old cylinder that has been the international standard for the metric kilogram is mysteriously losing weight.
It now weighs 50 micrograms less than dozens of copies made from the same material.
It is kept in a triple-locked safe in Sèvres.
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- £millions more Scottish parking tickets set to be ...
- A quiet life but for the Gypsies and Angelina Joli...
- Wardens warned to behave
- Sunderland Parking Shambles will cost someone's li...
- Dark Clouds over Sunderland ... Tory victory in by...
- Letter to Sunderland City Council's Chief Executiv...
- NCP and Council rub their hands at parking fine re...
- Car Cloning nightmare scenario for motorists
- Information, public documents and Freedom of Infor...
- It's a fine day in Caermarthen
- Taking back control ... how appropriate
- Parking: City in Control ... Sunderland Council to...
- Hackney Council lifts 'Hunting' ban
- Did NPAS 'assist' Allerdale Council? You decide
- Christchurch Council ignores the law for parking b...
- Scottish Council cries crocodile tears over Scotti...
- Losing Weight
- Hackney Trading Standards Officers seize imperial ...
- Hackney Council letter 'blames' Metric Martyrs and...
- Victory for the Metric Martyrs ... but what next?
- Parking to cost more in city of Sunderland
- Letter to Sunderland Echo
- ▼ September (22)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)