Town hall parking tickets may not be valid
by Steve White,
All parking tickets issued in a town since 2008 could be void after the council failed to update traffic by-laws.
Chris Fisher, 39, spotted Hyndburn council cites the out-of-date 1991 Road Traffic Act when he was ticketed in Accrington, Lancs.
The printer contacted Neil Herron, of Parking Appeals, who is now urging all motorists ticketed by the authority since the new Act took over in 2008 to appeal. He said: “This is a major blunder.”
The council insisted tickets were legal but referred cases to the parking adjudicator.
- If there are so many drivers failing to heed the s...
- No excuses. No TRO then give back the money
- Another council, another blunder ...
- Nice work if you can get it ...
- CCTV Not So SmartCar ticking timebomb
- Let's hope Richmond Council's Leader is true to hi...
- D'Oh! Council blunder has major financial implicat...
- Private Land ticket cancelled ... how many others ...
- Not so Smartcars? "Simples ...get approval"
- Council still Smarting ...
- ▼ May (10)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)