Monday, March 06, 2006

Fined with an unlawful ticket on a street with no name

Just when you thought that the matter couldn't get worse for Sunderland Council this letter appears in the local press.
The Council had received notice at the time the ticket was issued of the case Macarthur v Bury where a PCN with no 'Date of Issue' had rendered the PCN unenforceable. They continued to pursue this ticket.
It has also come to light that there are many areas where Sunderland Council never had correct Traffic Orders. It would be interesting to see a Traffic Order for a 'street with no name.'
For a Council that has said that their investigation will be thorough and transparent one has to ask 'why the secrecy regarding the locations where you have found no traffic orders in existence?'
Could it be that this would identify a great deal more unlawfully issued tickets than was first thought?
We have offered to assist Mr. Brittain.

Sunderland Echo Letters Page
Constant dispute
SINCE May 2005, I have been in constant dispute with Sunderland Parking Services regarding a penalty charge notice placed on my car displaying a blue badge.
To cut a long story short I wrote to Sunderland Parking Services on February 1, 2006 and I am informed by the Post office it was received by Parking Services a.m. February 2.

My letter informed Parking Services I had received information that a driver in Bury had successfully appealed against a parking ticket which did not contain a date of issue.

The PCN put on my car does not contain a date of issue and I also understand Parking Services were aware of this omission but had not taken steps to rectify their parking tickets.
It would therefore appear the PCN attached to my vehicle is illegal in law and I have asked Parking Services if they will be refunding the fine paid by me.

In addition to the illegal parking tickets I have also learned Parking Services are not in possession of the necessary traffic orders in respect of some areas in which they have been issuing parking tickets. It occurred to me the area in which I was parked when penalised could be one of them as the ticket issued to me stated my vehicle was parked on a "street with no name".

I have therefore also asked them to confirm to me on what date the traffic order was issued in respect of the area in which I was parked.
Up to the time of writing this letter no contact of any kind has been received from Sunderland Parking Services in response to my letter of February 1.
If I must obey the law when fined for parking surely under the law as a council tax payer I am legally entitled to an honest response to my letter from Sunderland Parking Services. Any support you and your readers can give me would be greatly appreciated.
E Brittain,
Harraton

No comments:

Blog Archive


only search Neil Herron Blog