Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Adur Council restitution ... Clarification sought

Mr Ian Lowrie
Chief Executive, Adur and Worthing Borough Councils
Adur District Council
Civic Centre, Ham Road
Shoreham-by-Sea
West Sussex, BN43 6PR
(01273) 263000


Dear Sir,

Un-completed traffic order for Ropetackle Car Park

I write in response to a BBC news report that Adur Council has suspended parking charges and parking contravention enforcement in consequence of some fatal omission in the traffic order that was intended to authorise the operation of this car park.
I see it also reported that "people do not need to contact the local authority for parking fine refunds".
I am accordingly writing to ask your clarification of this statement which I take to mean that Adur Council will be proactively identifying those who have paid penalty charges, for the purpose of refunding the penalty charges that were paid.

If this is the case then I compliment you and your officers for acting untypically in a correct, honest and exemplary manner that is commendably in contrast with many bad examples of what passes for lawful parking enforcement in this country.

I sincerely hope that you will be able to confirm that my understanding of the situation is correct.

Yours sincerely,

Neil Herron

No comments:

Blog Archive


only search Neil Herron Blog