This is the BBC piece on Leeds City Council's parking enforcement regime. You be the judge of its legality. The most powerful quote was not used in the excerpt above so it is listed below and forms part of the file handed to the Police. The names of the Government officials have been obscured but the Police are aware of their identity.
"... attempted fraud or extortion..." not my words but the words of one Government official to another. Hard to believe? The document we managed to get our hands on (along with many others just as damning, is shown below).
Thursday, May 01, 2008
Leeds Parking Problems ... similar to Camden, or worse? You decide.
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- How one missing sign could cost a council thousand...
- Islington Parking Blunder ...
- Parking Fines "Close to Theft" claims Tory Peer
- Parking Victory over Southwark Council
- Sacked Parking Attendant blows the whistle on coun...
- Motorist to sue Lambeth Council over successful CC...
- Leeds Parking Problems ... similar to Camden, or w...
- ▼ May (7)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)