Thursday, February 17, 2005

Pro Forma Letter to MEP's

Your name and address

MEP’s Contact Details

Date

Dear ……….....

I contact you regarding voting in the European Parliament.

I write to you as one of your constituents and I am somewhat concerned as it appears that there are no records on yours or your party's website regarding your personal voting record in the European Parliament.

Can you please inform me as to where to look to find the following information?

1. Your personal voting record on my behalf in Brussels and Strasbourg
2. Details of itemised legislation voted on by yourself
3. The direction your vote was cast on each and all occasions you have participated.

Regardless of record keeping system of the EU Parliament, I believe that all MEPs have an absolute duty to keep a personal record and make that record available to constituents who may wish to view the information. Transparency and accountability should be the foundation stone of anyone in an elected position. Could a constituent expect anything less?

Finally may I enquire about your constituency surgeries?

Do you hold them regularly and the date of the next one?

Thank you in anticipation of your reply

Yours sincerely,

……………………..

To find your MEP click here

No comments:

Blog Archive


only search Neil Herron Blog