Booked a last minute deal to Mauritius a couple of weeks ago and really needed a holiday after suffering Heathrow Airport pandemonium, delays, chaos and security shambles.
I am still not sure why 101ml of fluid in one container could be confiscated but two containers with 99ml can be taken onto a plane ... as long as it is in a clear bag!
Perhaps it is beyond the wit of Al Qaeda to work out that you can add the two (or more) amounts together.
Mauritius is a beautiful place and despite its independence still has a great deal of British influence ... ie. driving on the left and identical road signs. The island is also covered with double and single yellow lines in the towns and villages yet in all the time we were there there was not one Parking Attendant or Traffic Warden.
However, one taxi driver did say that the Police often stopped vehicles for speeding ... to top up their meagre wage, and 5 euros usually did the trick.
I called to the office to pick up the post and no sooner than the engine had been turned off a Parking Attendant appeared.
Thursday, August 02, 2007
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- Camden's Parking Fine Clampdown ... it's not legal...
- Hull's illegal tickets ... BBC Look North
- Had a Parking Ticket in Hull?
- I've been mulct by the council for parking unlawfu...
- Kingston Upon Hull Council about have their parkin...
- How fast? Faster than PC Milton
- Councils profiting from clamping? How very dare yo...
- Even the Police get F1 NED
- Sorry we scrapped your car
- Parking in Camden? Want to know where it's free?
- Britain 'sold down the river': what life under the...
- Drivers lose the plot overnight in Derby
- Advanced Stop Line ... Update from Les
- Should I stay or should I go? Watch out for the al...
- Parking Fine 'Extortion' ... Wecome to the future
- A Council exercises parking common sense ...
- One for the road ... and a Parking Attendant's dil...
- How to really avoid that ticket
- Trying to avoid a ticket ... top tip.
- Back from the land of no parking attendants
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)