Sitting at home on Saturday morning reading the Mail I began to read the following article... and then spotted that it was me Andrew Roberts was referring to. Looks like standing up to the unelected and the unaccountable over the years has put us top of the eurosceptic hit list and it's likely that we will have to stick our oar in to the European Constitution referendum battle to ensure a successful outcome ... as I do not intend to spend my retirement in a Greek prison!
Meanwhile, the pressure on Gordon continues to concede to the Labour manifesto pledge of a referendum. For daily updates and analysis see http://www.eureferendum.blogspot.com/
Britain 'sold down the river': what life under the EU treaty could be like
by Andrew Roberts
Daily Mail 11th August 2007
"As they sat on the concrete benches in the forbidding "special" unit of Paddington Green police station, the five Englishmen considered the charges against them and how they had got there.
They were being treated little better than terrorists - but perhaps that's how they were genuinely perceived by the Belgian and Greek police who had arrested them. ... "
It was, perhaps, unnecessary for the armed response unit of Europol's Special Branch to have smashed down their doors at 3am to arrest them, but that was pretty much standard practice with anyone who was suspected of committing crimes "likely to be prejudicial to the good-standing of the Union"....
The leader of the band of men, Neil Herron, sat alongside Hackney trader John Dove, Cornish greengrocer Julian Harman and Camelford fishmonger Colin Hunt. "
Monday, August 13, 2007
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- Camden's Parking Fine Clampdown ... it's not legal...
- Hull's illegal tickets ... BBC Look North
- Had a Parking Ticket in Hull?
- I've been mulct by the council for parking unlawfu...
- Kingston Upon Hull Council about have their parkin...
- How fast? Faster than PC Milton
- Councils profiting from clamping? How very dare yo...
- Even the Police get F1 NED
- Sorry we scrapped your car
- Parking in Camden? Want to know where it's free?
- Britain 'sold down the river': what life under the...
- Drivers lose the plot overnight in Derby
- Advanced Stop Line ... Update from Les
- Should I stay or should I go? Watch out for the al...
- Parking Fine 'Extortion' ... Wecome to the future
- A Council exercises parking common sense ...
- One for the road ... and a Parking Attendant's dil...
- How to really avoid that ticket
- Trying to avoid a ticket ... top tip.
- Back from the land of no parking attendants
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)