Just when you thought that the arrogance of these people had reached its peak, their orogenesis has taken them to an even higher level.
Their contempt for the public and even any for of accountability is absolutely staggering.
The 78% rejection less than 6 months ago is an irrelevance to these people as their agenda continues regardless.
Upon first reading of the report below I was very conscious of the date. But, this story is true.
It is us who are fools if we are prepared to accept any part of this offensive agenda.
Surprise switch at head of assembly
Apr 1 2005
By Ross Smith, The Journal
The director of the North East Assembly is to be replaced from today - by the man who led the review which recommended making him redundant.
Stephen Barber's £81,248 job was axed when consultant Paul Wilding recommended splitting the assembly from the Association of North East Councils.
Each of the two bodies will now get its own director.
And last night it was announced that Mr Wilding, who retired as chief executive of Easington Council in September, is to take charge of the assembly himself.
Mr Wilding will work as director four days a week for six months, with the possibility of a contract extension, and will receive the equivalent of a £56,000 annual salary.
He was one of only two candidates interviewed for the post, after a request made by the Liberal Democrats for it to be advertised in regional newspapers was turned down. The other candidate was the assembly's present assistant director, Malcolm Bowes.
They were interviewed by a panel made up of assembly vice-chairman and Derwentside council leader Alex Watson, business representative and assembly vice-chairman Paul Briggs, Liberal Democrat leader on the assembly Chris Foote Wood, and Conservative Tynedale Council leader John Herron.
They took a unanimous decision to appoint Mr Wilding.
Last night, Liberal Democrat executive member in Newcastle Greg Stone said: "I am very surprised by the decision to make this appointment, given Mr Wilding's involvement in the review of the future of the assembly and the association."
Conservative mayor of North Tyneside and assembly member Linda Arkley said: "I'm extremely concerned about this.
"I'm surprised that we have appointed somebody who has been involved in doing that work.
"But it's about the bigger picture as well.
"I think it's another slap in the face for the people who said we do not want our money spent on another tier of government in the referendum."
Anti-assembly campaigner Neil Herron said: "For once, I am speechless."
But a spokesman for the Assembly insisted: "The North East Assembly sought and adopted independent professional advice on the appointments procedure for an interim director for the organisation. This is an interim post during which period Mr Wilding will develop the assembly's future role and oversee the appointment of a permanent director."
Mr Barber (pictured) was not available for comment last night. But in a statement issued through the assembly, he said: "I believe that the current review of staffing structures, which seeks to create a greater distinction between the association and the assembly in terms of their role, remit and functions represents the right way forward."
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- Press Release-Hustings Meeting 3rd May
- Election Lines
- Police investigate ballot fraud allegations
- Founding Father of Modern Democracy an insult to B...
- The Silence of the Electoral Commission lambs
- ASSEMBLY 'IS A WASTE OF CASH'
- ..a Free Trade Area? Oh how they lied.
- Press Release: Independents Day
- Surge in region's postal voters
- Sunderland Today
- Stephen Hughes MEP Goes Native
- Press Release
- EU Enlargement: Breakfast's Highlights
- Postal vote legal bid is launched
- Potential for Postal Ballot Fraud
- Not obliged to pay penalties other than those impo...
- PRESCOTT STAFF IN FRAUD PROBE
- DEATH OF FIRST METRIC REBEL
- Complaint Procedure - John Jones...investigation O...
- Blair at centre of new row over postal votes
- Postal Ballot Fraudsters...too many eyes watching ...
- Help Support the French 'No' Campaign
- Send an e-mail to France Libre francelibreetsouver...
- No apology forthcoming from European Commission of...
- Four-Letter fury of the EU lackey
- Get after your MEP and ask for their voting record...
- Election boss suspended after postal-votes raid
- MEP's endorse the madhouse
- New fears over postal vote fraud
- Did all the British MEP's vote against?
- Brussels e-mail calls Metric Martyrs 'Luddites'
- It makes EU wonder!
- North West Conservative Councils have balls...Time...
- Electoral Commission and their lawyers in crisis t...
- Allegation of Racketeering, Fraud & Illegal Conduc...
- New Frontiers on the horizon for Dominic Cummings ...
- Copy of Letter from Miss Nasreen Akhtar 29.03.05, ...
- Barber's Cut. New Crony Heads up Ass
- ▼ April (38)