Seems Like They Do.
The proposed date for the Hartlepool by-election...4th November is the same date for the Elected Regional Assembly Referendum. I wonder if the intention was simply to bury the bad news of a resounding 'No' with the result from Hartlepool? However, there may be all to play for as Kilroy Silk may throw his cap into an arena (read 'Kilroy Could be Here.') where UKIP returned its highest constituency vote in the European Elections, and there is also Mandelson's nemesis Harry Blackwood...a very well-respected local figure who may decide to stand. If there is no Electoral 'monkey business' with the Postal Ballot we can look forward to a real firework display with a double-up of bad news for New Labour. I bet there is more than one bonfire with effigies of Prescott and Mandelson perched on the top around the region on November 5th and many a glass raised as the fireworks explode.
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)
- We Must Begin to Shatter the Myths one by one
- Sir Tom Cowie...the Sunderland Counterbalance to S...
- Newcastle Journal Letters 29th July
- More Whine, Sir?
- Sunderland Will No Sooner Buy Bottles of Fog Than ...
- North East Assembly? Nothing to do with Brussels.....
- Tip of the Iceberg?
- B&Q Order More Shovels
- The Deluge Continues as the Ass gets another kicki...
- Gauntlet Thrown by Metric Martyrs...Which Authorit...
- Did I forget where I parked it? Not me Guv.
- Hartlepool's Monkey Creates Labour Chickens
- Angry Public Get Ready to Kick Ass.
- Do You Fancy a Date?
- Pigs Starting to Fly in Newcastle?
- The Bill threatens Kyoto Protocol
- Two Jags Tyres Screech With Handbrake U-Turn...NE ...
- Pinnocchio Blushes!
- The Daily Telegraph speaks
- Press Release
- The Shambles Continues
- Welcome to blogsville
- ▼ July (22)