Labour Candidates Running Scared?
Seems like Labour are struggling to find a high profile local figure to stand as their candidate in the Hartlepool By Election following Mandelson's impending departure. Local convenience store and bar owner, Leo Gillen, who was famously beaten in the Mayoral Election by a Monkey, has decided he has 'too many business commitments,' to consider it. He obviously feels like 'Chicken Tonight, Chicken Tonight,' which were rumoured to be on special today in his stores...B.O.G.O.F.
Moss Body, who lost his seat on the Council in the June elections, is the only party member to declare an interest in running. Times must be hard off the 'gravy train.' Does he not realise that he may be seen as a liability to the Party's chances if he couldn't even win a council seat?
The run-up to the election will most certainly have the national spotlight shone on the North East...and the chances of an upset are most certainly on the cards.
However, the landscape be wide open should local 'fuel protestor,' Andrew Spence also throw his hat into the ring as an Independent, and Kilroy-Silk decide to confirm that he will stand for UKIP. There is no truth in the rumour that our telephone line has been hot to 'have a go.' As it stands, I have no intention to contest Hartlepool on an anti-EU, anti-Assembly ticket ;-)
Monday, July 26, 2004
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)
- We Must Begin to Shatter the Myths one by one
- Sir Tom Cowie...the Sunderland Counterbalance to S...
- Newcastle Journal Letters 29th July
- More Whine, Sir?
- Sunderland Will No Sooner Buy Bottles of Fog Than ...
- North East Assembly? Nothing to do with Brussels.....
- Tip of the Iceberg?
- B&Q Order More Shovels
- The Deluge Continues as the Ass gets another kicki...
- Gauntlet Thrown by Metric Martyrs...Which Authorit...
- Did I forget where I parked it? Not me Guv.
- Hartlepool's Monkey Creates Labour Chickens
- Angry Public Get Ready to Kick Ass.
- Do You Fancy a Date?
- Pigs Starting to Fly in Newcastle?
- The Bill threatens Kyoto Protocol
- Two Jags Tyres Screech With Handbrake U-Turn...NE ...
- Pinnocchio Blushes!
- The Daily Telegraph speaks
- Press Release
- The Shambles Continues
- Welcome to blogsville
- ▼ July (22)