On 23rd August 2006 Liverpool City Council were hit with the following:
Parking Services Supervisor
Liverpool City Council
Thank you for returning my telephone call.
I would be grateful for answers to the following (please treat as a Freedom of Information Request wherever necessary):
Can you please confirm the date that Liverpool City Council became aware that the Penalty Charge Notices they were issuing were non-compliant?
Please confirm the date Liverpool City Council received the National Parking Adjudication Service Circular MacArthur v Bury (BC 188) regarding the wording of PCNs and why the PCNs were not altered then?
Can you please provide a copy of the e-mail you referred to in the telephone conversation referring to the recent High Court decision in Moses v Barnet before Justice Jackson (2nd August 2006)?
Can you please confirm that Liverpool City Council will not and can not legally pursue any non-compliant PCNs?
Can you please confirm that all DPE enforcement activity will be suspended until the PCNs are made compliant with the requirements of Section 66(3) of the 1991 Road Traffic Act...ie. to include both a date of notice (or date of issue) and the date and time of contravention?
Can you please detail the number and value of PCNs issued by Liverpool City Council since the inception of DPE breaking it down by financial year?
What does Liverpool City Council intend to do with regard to non-compliant PCNs issued which have been paid?
I appreciate the enormity of the task of suspending DPE but as non-compliant PCNs have been declared a nullity by the High Court any attempt to continue to enforce using such illegal documents is a very serious matter indeed and may lead to formal complaints of Misfeasance of Public Office being made to the Police.
I trust I will receive a reply by return to the main points raised as the matter is most certainly in the public interest.
Please confirm receipt of this e-mail and confirm that a copy will be forwarded to elected members.
12 Frederick Street
Tel. 0191 565 7143
Monday, September 04, 2006
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- Herron and Segal on TalkSPORT tonight
- NPAS Hearing to go ahead
- NPAS Hearing getting closer ...
- Michael Watson FOI request Sunderland City Council...
- Ticket Date Row
- London Borough of Barnet v The Parking Adjudicator...
- BBC Whistleblower Bailiff's Programme
- Drivers challenge spy camera law
- QC instructed for NPAS hearing
- Driver's £18,500 bill for ignoring parking fines
- National Parking Adjudication Service refuse an Ad...
- Time for David to slay Goliath again
- Another headline...another case of injustice
- Manchester Parking News
- Barnet Judicial PCN Review
- Doormat ban...at what point are people going to sa...
- Clacton on Sea? Non compliant parking tickets to c...
- Another nail in Sunderland Council's Parking Coffi...
- Westminster Parking Enforcement 'suspended.'
- 'Campaigner claims another victory.'
- Manchester City Council - DPE Questions
- Parking Tickets on Radio 4's You and Yours
- Hundreds of millions to be written off in parking ...
- Sam Stockman beats Havering Council
- Parking News
- Suspended court staff charged with fraud
- Bury Council's Groundhog Day...another Parking fia...
- Torbay Council ... another council putting its han...
- Oldham MBC - DPE Questions and FOI Request
- Speeding Test Case could see massive loss of reven...
- Oldham Parking Ticket Amnesty imminent
- Greater Manchester Parking Meltdown
- Liverpool to appeal Barnet JR Ruling
- Don't know your East from your West? That'll be £5...
- Driver's anger at spy cars
- EU membership costs every Briton £873 a year
- Liverpool City Council's Unlawful Parking Tickets
- Cleveland Speeding Cases...Thousands of Miscarriag...
- ▼ September (38)
- ► 2005 (445)