We have in our possession a letter from Westminster City Council (5th September 2006) confirming that they "have suspended action in all affected cases" (affected by the Barnet decision regarding the date of issue issue). "All challenges have been put on hold and no notices ( NtOs, NoR, Charge Certificates or Warrants) are currently being generated."
The questions that now have to be asked are:
(i) What is the total number and value ot PCNs currently put 'on hold'?
(ii) How many non-compliant PCNs have been issued following the initial advice in 2002 from ALGs Nick Lester?
It appears that the arrogance of Local Authorities and the belief that the law does not apply to them may well come back and bite them very hard.
It is clear from the advice now issued by ALGs Nick Lester is that 'you were told!' He is of course protecting his and the ALGs position.
As for NCP Ltd. ... they were aware on 16th June 2005 in Sunderland that the PCNs needed to be changed to include a Date of Issue. Why then did they not take matters seriously and act unilaterally across their contracts?
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- Herron and Segal on TalkSPORT tonight
- NPAS Hearing to go ahead
- NPAS Hearing getting closer ...
- Michael Watson FOI request Sunderland City Council...
- Ticket Date Row
- London Borough of Barnet v The Parking Adjudicator...
- BBC Whistleblower Bailiff's Programme
- Drivers challenge spy camera law
- QC instructed for NPAS hearing
- Driver's £18,500 bill for ignoring parking fines
- National Parking Adjudication Service refuse an Ad...
- Time for David to slay Goliath again
- Another headline...another case of injustice
- Manchester Parking News
- Barnet Judicial PCN Review
- Doormat ban...at what point are people going to sa...
- Clacton on Sea? Non compliant parking tickets to c...
- Another nail in Sunderland Council's Parking Coffi...
- Westminster Parking Enforcement 'suspended.'
- 'Campaigner claims another victory.'
- Manchester City Council - DPE Questions
- Parking Tickets on Radio 4's You and Yours
- Hundreds of millions to be written off in parking ...
- Sam Stockman beats Havering Council
- Parking News
- Suspended court staff charged with fraud
- Bury Council's Groundhog Day...another Parking fia...
- Torbay Council ... another council putting its han...
- Oldham MBC - DPE Questions and FOI Request
- Speeding Test Case could see massive loss of reven...
- Oldham Parking Ticket Amnesty imminent
- Greater Manchester Parking Meltdown
- Liverpool to appeal Barnet JR Ruling
- Don't know your East from your West? That'll be £5...
- Driver's anger at spy cars
- EU membership costs every Briton £873 a year
- Liverpool City Council's Unlawful Parking Tickets
- Cleveland Speeding Cases...Thousands of Miscarriag...
- ▼ September (38)
- ► 2005 (445)