Below is the letter that was sent to Labour Constituency MP (Sunderland South) by the campaign's Colin Moran.
We were aware that Chris Mullin would have to refer the matter hence the request:
" I would be grateful of if in turn you pass to the Minister for Europe, Right Honourable Geoff Hoon MP, and the Right Honourable John Reid, Home Secretary."
Remember, this was May last year.
We were acutely aware that honest answers to the questions would help expose that the politicians were aware of the problem, and aware of the fact that it couldn't be fixed.
Follow the questions and then see the post below to see how the Minister wriggled around in order not to expose how they have placed everyone in this country at risk.
The blood of the murdered and the pain of the victims is already on your hands Mr. Reid.
C/o 12 Frederick Street
Chris Mullin MP
House of Commons
In view of the latest revelations from the Home Office about who should and should not be in our country, I am prompted to write expressing my concerns and requiring answers on this subject. It is quite some time since my last correspondence between yourself and the then Minister for Europe, Denis McShane, so I hope you consider it reasonable to raise this matter with you again.
Neil Herron and myself are increasingly aware of the consequences of the Single European Act, the cornerstone of the European Project, and other agreements allowing the right of the free movement of people throughout the 25 member states (soon to become 27) of the EU.
Our campaign group, many other groups around the country are now witnessing the fact that the public are now waking up to what is taking place in their country. In fact questions are now being asked about is it a country or are we slowly being drowned in globalism.
I have therefore submitted a number of practical questions, which I would be grateful of if in turn you pass to the Minister for Europe, Right Honourable Geoff Hoon MP, and the Right Honourable John Reid, Home Secretary.
As you know we have no political axe to grind, and we hold our 3 main parties equally responsible for the necessity to ask these questions.
I wish to submit the following questions:
The unacceptable situation of foreign nationals committing serious crimes in our country and then being allowed continued circulation with the general public on release from prison, has brought the media and public opinion to boiling point I hope you agree.
So in view of this unravelling situation would the Ministers please provide answers to the following questions:
1. Can Britain deport EU foreign nationals, in view of the right of ‘free movement’, which the European Single Act and other agreements confer on all EU member state citizens?
2. If the answer is yes, how can such people be prevented from re-entry? EU member state passport holders, it appears, can enter the UK on the same status as UK citizens returning home, and in the same queue.
For your information:
Free movement of people is a basic pillar of the single area the European Union (EU) has been building since its creation … …the notion of "free movement" is used in two senses. First, in the traditional sense of free movement and secondly in the sense of being able to cross the internal borders without undergoing checks.
3. Have any steps been taken to prevent known criminals from EU countries entering the UK? Is there a central register of everyone who has committed a serious criminal offence in any EU Member State?
4. Do UK authorities have records of people entering the UK who have been convicted of paedophilia or any sexual offence in their own country?
5. Are these people placed on the National Sex Offenders’ Register? I hope this question has a positive answer. It is simply unthinkable that a Government would admit such people within the ‘free movement of people’, but at this moment in time it is far from clear how any exclusion is possible.
6. Within all of the treaties and agreements made over the last 33 years, has any provision been made to control and prevent Europe’s criminal class entering other countries undetected, with the obvious serious consequences for public safety?
7. Considering the right conferred on EU foreign nationals to enter this country, are records available identifying crime levels committed by those who can enter without, it appears, restrictions?
8. If we accept that the Government’s first responsibility is to safeguard its citizens, how can it surrender its duty to know who is in the country by allowing anyone with an EU passport absolute, unchallenged entry?.
As always I would appreciate a prompt reply to these questions and I really implore you for straight answers. Some statements given to me by Mr McShane have already proven to be, at best, incorrect.
Thank you and the Minister for time in dealing with this matter.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- Frederick Street (West) Sunderland ... now the tic...
- Parking Adjudicator made mistakes
- Is your local authority 'playing politics' with pu...
- Bank gets the Bailiff treatment
- Britain open to terror suspects in EU loophole
- Westminster tracing top ten parking fine evaders
- Chief Constable ... Free Movement of People conseq...
- No hiding place from car clampers
- Sunderland Council and the Department for Transpor...
- Sunderland's Parking Regime and Councillors blogs
- Berwick Council Metric Sign Clanger
- Sunderland Labour blogs ... stop laughing!
- Parking Outrage
- Notice to Owner: Another Sunderland Clanger
- Police force reveals there is no way to check an E...
- Foreign criminals ... penny slowly starting to dro...
- North East Assembly Parking Outrage ... more abuse...
- EU criminals 'can't be checked'
- Legal battle looms for parking ticket millions
- £250,000 rent lost on city building
- Judge exposes EU Criminal record problem
- Sex Offenders, paedophiles and criminals ... the q...
- Under Secretary of State Joan Ryan and that letter...
- Road Pricing Petition ... please sign
- Sunderland needs a Solicitor ... help !!!
- Parking Mad
- Newcastle City Council exposed offering rent free ...
- Who will be the patsy for this blunder? Political ...
- Is the PM also unaware of massive 'Sex Offender an...
- North East Assembly 'Squatters' do a runner!
- EU stealing the crown of the great British pint | ...
- York Drivers Happy With Parking Fines (from York P...
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)