Friday, January 12, 2007
Sunderland needs a Solicitor ... help !!!
Sunderland City Council appears to be close to admitting that the Decriminalised Parking Enforcement regime that they have created is a legal as well as an operational shambles.
This advert was placed in The Newcastle Chronicle yesterday (11th January 2007) but funnily enough, not the Sunderland Echo.
So, the City Solicitor and his Assistant need help ... with the complex legal processes of drafting Traffic Regulation Orders ....
But Leader of Sunderland City Council, Bob Symonds recently stated that the regime was legally robust and enforceable and that anyone parking on a yellow line would get a ticket!
He declined my offer of a walking tour of the City highlighting defective TROs, lines and signs.
But Bob, if the regime is lawful why the expense of another Solicitor?
But Bob, all the TROs are correct ... Sunderland City Council told the Department for Transport that they were in their DPE application in 2002 ... and since it came into force in 2003 over £3m has been extracted from the City's motorists pockets ... then why the need for another Solicitor?
But Bob, what if the Solicitor is being brought in to identify the hundreds of mistakes in the City's TROs ... will wholesale refunds begin then?
Nice to know another documentary is going to be aired ... again about Sunderland, again about the parking shambles. This time it is going national and looks like there are some serious revelations.
Upon reflection perhaps the best way to have dealt with this would have been to admit everything when first caught out and then invite the Department for Transport to assist with starting again and putting it right.
Instead the shambles gets bigger as do the implications.
Posted by Neil Herron at 4:38 pm
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- Frederick Street (West) Sunderland ... now the tic...
- Parking Adjudicator made mistakes
- Is your local authority 'playing politics' with pu...
- Bank gets the Bailiff treatment
- Britain open to terror suspects in EU loophole
- Westminster tracing top ten parking fine evaders
- Chief Constable ... Free Movement of People conseq...
- No hiding place from car clampers
- Sunderland Council and the Department for Transpor...
- Sunderland's Parking Regime and Councillors blogs
- Berwick Council Metric Sign Clanger
- Sunderland Labour blogs ... stop laughing!
- Parking Outrage
- Notice to Owner: Another Sunderland Clanger
- Police force reveals there is no way to check an E...
- Foreign criminals ... penny slowly starting to dro...
- North East Assembly Parking Outrage ... more abuse...
- EU criminals 'can't be checked'
- Legal battle looms for parking ticket millions
- £250,000 rent lost on city building
- Judge exposes EU Criminal record problem
- Sex Offenders, paedophiles and criminals ... the q...
- Under Secretary of State Joan Ryan and that letter...
- Road Pricing Petition ... please sign
- Sunderland needs a Solicitor ... help !!!
- Parking Mad
- Newcastle City Council exposed offering rent free ...
- Who will be the patsy for this blunder? Political ...
- Is the PM also unaware of massive 'Sex Offender an...
- North East Assembly 'Squatters' do a runner!
- EU stealing the crown of the great British pint | ...
- York Drivers Happy With Parking Fines (from York P...
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)