Below is a copy of our press release on the potential implications of the Free Movement of People ... remember this was in May 2006. The damning response and admission from the Minister will be posted tomorrow.
Why are the Conservatives not asking the questions? Could it be that this will be the straw that breaks the elephant in the room's back?
Hopefully the press will finally grasp the implications and start asking the questions and DEMAND answers.
The questions which were put to the Minister can be seen here
The responses will be posted tomorrow.
The People's No Campaign / Metric Martyrs
11th May 2006: Immediate
"European Agreements Allow Convicted Paedophiles and Sex Offenders Unfettered and Unchallenged Access to Britain"
In view of the latest revelations from the Home Office regarding who should and should not be in our country, and the problems arising from convicted foreign nationals being released and allowed to roam freely and unchecked, there is one glaring omission.
It is an omission, which will dwarf the problems that led to the downfall of Home Secretary Charles Clarke.
The 'free movement of people' across the 25, soon to be 27, Member States of the European Union allows any EU passport holder free and unfettered access to this country.
The subject of illegal immigration is a completely separate one and must not be confused with the free movement of people
As the European Union's website states:
Free movement of people is a basic pillar of the single area the European Union (EU) has been building since its creation…
…the notion of "free movement" is used in two senses. First, in the traditional sense of free movement and secondly in the sense of being able to cross the internal borders without undergoing checks.
As it appears the Home Office does not know the whereabouts of many serious and dangerous foreign criminals released from British prisons, the major concern now is how serious criminals, including paedophiles and sex offenders released from prisons within EU Member States are monitored.
There are no checks at passport control. Many EU countries do not have a sex offenders register.
There appears to be no requirement to go on the UK Sex Offenders Register and no explanation from the Government as to how many potential paedophiles and serious sex offenders have entered the country perfectly legally under the free movement of people.
How many paedophiles and sex offenders, convicted in their own or another EU Member State, are in this country?
If there are no checks at passport control and no requirement to declare any criminal convictions, how can they be monitored?
How many, if any, are any on the UKs National Sex Offenders' Register?
How many people have taken advantage of 'free movement' since the 10 accession countries joined the EU on May 1st 2004 and how many of those had criminal convictions for sex offences?
Attached is an open letter from the campaign to both the Home Secretary John Reid, and the Minister for Europe Geoff Hoon.
Neil Herron states, "The EU issue is unmanageable from a nation state perspective. It is incredible that the consequences of allowing 450 million people free, unfettered access through our borders without any checks as to their background appear to have never been seriously thought through."
Colin Moran states, " We have been put in a position where we are no longer in control over our borders. Serious questions must be asked of this Government as to why this has been allowed to happen. How many innocent people will become victims before the penny drops?"
Dr. Richard North states, "The Human Rights Act has become the Criminal Rights Act. We have given the right of access to murderers, rapists, child molesters, robbers, fraudsters."
As a matter of protocol the contents of the letter have been raised with respective constituency MPs for answers from both Ministers. The questions and matters raised are too important to wait for the normally pedantic ministerially response.
We urge concerned citizens everywhere to raise this matter with their MP and demand answers.
Strategy Director and Spokesman
The People's No Campaign
12 Frederick Street
Tel. 0191 565 7143
Mob. 07776 202045 (Neil Herron) 07802 448 635 (Colin Moran)
Websites: www.thepeoplesnocampaign.co.uk and also www.eurefendum.com
Notes for Editors:
Free Movement of Persons A fundamental right of EU citizenship, allowing citizens to travel, live and work freely throughout the EU. The Treaty of Amsterdam communitised the area, giving the Commission a greater role in proposing initiatives.
(See EU citizenship: Right to move and reside freely, Freedom to travel, Judicial-civil)
Freedom Security and Justice(from the Europa website)
New legislation will simplify conditions and administrative formalities for applying EU citizens' right to travel and reside freely throughout the European Union
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- Frederick Street (West) Sunderland ... now the tic...
- Parking Adjudicator made mistakes
- Is your local authority 'playing politics' with pu...
- Bank gets the Bailiff treatment
- Britain open to terror suspects in EU loophole
- Westminster tracing top ten parking fine evaders
- Chief Constable ... Free Movement of People conseq...
- No hiding place from car clampers
- Sunderland Council and the Department for Transpor...
- Sunderland's Parking Regime and Councillors blogs
- Berwick Council Metric Sign Clanger
- Sunderland Labour blogs ... stop laughing!
- Parking Outrage
- Notice to Owner: Another Sunderland Clanger
- Police force reveals there is no way to check an E...
- Foreign criminals ... penny slowly starting to dro...
- North East Assembly Parking Outrage ... more abuse...
- EU criminals 'can't be checked'
- Legal battle looms for parking ticket millions
- £250,000 rent lost on city building
- Judge exposes EU Criminal record problem
- Sex Offenders, paedophiles and criminals ... the q...
- Under Secretary of State Joan Ryan and that letter...
- Road Pricing Petition ... please sign
- Sunderland needs a Solicitor ... help !!!
- Parking Mad
- Newcastle City Council exposed offering rent free ...
- Who will be the patsy for this blunder? Political ...
- Is the PM also unaware of massive 'Sex Offender an...
- North East Assembly 'Squatters' do a runner!
- EU stealing the crown of the great British pint | ...
- York Drivers Happy With Parking Fines (from York P...
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)