'Bill of Rights' Judge has an unarguable' decision overturned.
Read it here
Lawyers for the Prime Minister, Secretary of State for Defence and the Attorney General had argued it would be an "unwarranted shift of power" for the courts to make pronouncements on the Government's right to go to war.
The family's legal battle looked doomed last December when their application for a judicial review was blocked by Mr Justice Collins in the High Court on the basis that their case was "unarguable".
However, on Wednesday the appeal judges overturned that decision and said it was arguable. But, instead of following the usual procedure of sending the case back to the High Court for further hearing, the judges said the appeal court would hear the full application.
Meanwhile, Robin Decrittenden is preparing his case for the Court of Appeal.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- Campaigners' ammunition to be sabotaged
- Free Movement of People will be the straw that bre...
- STOP EU Number Plate up for grabs
- Humpty Dumpty Judge has decision overturned
- Judge declares 'it's not a fine' ... problems now ...
- Now Leeds Council's Parking Tickets set to fall?
- Are some local authority officers committing Parki...
- When will the people hear the constitutional alarm...
- Minister for Europe, Geoff Hoon wants an adult deb...
- Brown Baby Shock in Scotland!
- Martini Challenge to Minister for Europe Geoff Hoo...
- No more Anchor Butter...It's time to sign up to le...
- Gauntlet to be thrown down to Geoff Hoon
- Stakes raised in Parking Ticket dispute
- Another NCP Bonus Scheme...this time Milton Keynes...
- NCP and British Parking Association frightened of ...
- Judge 'Humpty Dumpty' Collins Fine Mess gets worse...
- Blackpool to face Court over illegal Parking Ticke...
- Attention Parking Attendants
- Justice Collins Judgment now has the Inland Revenu...
- Herron on Parking Fines...TalkSPORT this Sunday
- Justice 'Humpty Dumpty' Collins Wonderland
- Parking Ticket case to go to Court of Appeal
- Busy week...downhill all the way
- Brighton's Glowzone Ltd on ITV tomorrow
- Judge declares Bill of Rights does not apply
- Decrittenden case in the High Court tomorrow
- New Metric Martyr?
- ▼ July (28)
- ► 2005 (445)