It is the little things that strike a chord with ordinary members of the public and drive home how our membership of the EU affects their daily lives.
Lied to, cheated and betrayed by a political elite intent on destroying our nation state democracy.
The prosecution of Steve Thoburn for selling a pound of bananas brought it home to everyone in the simplest terms what our membership of what many still perceive as 'The Common Market' actually means.
Stealthily the Common Market has grown into the EU with the majority of our laws now made by this corrupt, profligate, undemocratic and unaccountable bureacracy it still hasn't struck home to the British public how this political deception will affect them. Treaties, Regulations and Directives are not the headlines that make the vast majority angry.
The story below is...
Shocking ban on New Zealand butter
Sir - It is shocking that the European Commission has been able to impose a ban on New Zealand's exports of butter to the European Union. In view of our close historical ties with our cousins across the world, this has big historical resonance. So important is butter to the New Zealand economy that, when we were negotiating our entry to the Common Market in 1971, one of the very few sticking points on which Edward Heath was prepared to insist was the need to secure New Zealand's right to continue exporting it to the UK.It is shocking that we can now be prohibited from importing it. It is shocking that, as a nation, we no longer have the power to decide our own trade policy. It is shocking that it should be a British commissioner, Peter Mandelson, who has imposed the ban and that the ban arose, following a complaint from Germany, because the Commission had not done its paperwork properly.
Christopher Booker, Litton, Somerset
If you wish to add your name to the growing numbers of ordinary people who are now demanding that we would be 'Better Off Out' you can add your support here
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- Campaigners' ammunition to be sabotaged
- Free Movement of People will be the straw that bre...
- STOP EU Number Plate up for grabs
- Humpty Dumpty Judge has decision overturned
- Judge declares 'it's not a fine' ... problems now ...
- Now Leeds Council's Parking Tickets set to fall?
- Are some local authority officers committing Parki...
- When will the people hear the constitutional alarm...
- Minister for Europe, Geoff Hoon wants an adult deb...
- Brown Baby Shock in Scotland!
- Martini Challenge to Minister for Europe Geoff Hoo...
- No more Anchor Butter...It's time to sign up to le...
- Gauntlet to be thrown down to Geoff Hoon
- Stakes raised in Parking Ticket dispute
- Another NCP Bonus Scheme...this time Milton Keynes...
- NCP and British Parking Association frightened of ...
- Judge 'Humpty Dumpty' Collins Fine Mess gets worse...
- Blackpool to face Court over illegal Parking Ticke...
- Attention Parking Attendants
- Justice Collins Judgment now has the Inland Revenu...
- Herron on Parking Fines...TalkSPORT this Sunday
- Justice 'Humpty Dumpty' Collins Wonderland
- Parking Ticket case to go to Court of Appeal
- Busy week...downhill all the way
- Brighton's Glowzone Ltd on ITV tomorrow
- Judge declares Bill of Rights does not apply
- Decrittenden case in the High Court tomorrow
- New Metric Martyr?
- ▼ July (28)
- ► 2005 (445)