On 27th June 2006 a gentleman from Houghton le Spring in Sunderland was issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.
Unremarkable as this was it became more remarkable by the minute.
The motorist had been aware for some time that the Disabled Bays had not been correctly marked and therefore did not constitute a legal bay at all.
He attempted to reason with the PA the PA stated: " It doesn't matter, and I don't know what the bay should look like anyway."
Mr. B immediately place dthe Parking Attendant under Citizen's Arrest for attempting to obtain money by deception. A supervisor was called.
In his statement Mr. B states that the PAs Supervisor stated its "A game, I know the bays are wrong and the tickets wouldn't stand up in court, but most people just pay them without checking."
The Police arrived and a Crime Reference Number 498 was issued by PC 2455 Surtees.
We are awaiting further information with regard to the progress of the criminal complaint, but the bays were re-marked (wrongly) and the money refunded. The Council are refusing to refund any monies already paid claiming the motorist should have appealed at the time.
This very shallow will not stand up to further investigation if it is revealed that enforcement was continuing in areas where signs were known to be unlawful.
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- Burnley's Parkwise PCNs 'not compliant' NPAS rule
- Sunderland City Council's Coronation Street Imperi...
- EU Unfit for Purpose...
- Illegal Green Parking Fines
- NCP Cavalry on its way to Sunderland?
- Bagfull of Letters in the Sunderland Echo ... "Cle...
- NCP Parking Attendant Arrested
- Disappearing Sunderland Parking Ticket as major Ro...
- What Parking Problems?
- Councils 'turning parking into a money making exer...
- Parking Meltdown following Government Response to ...
- Leeds City Council Parking Regime ... Is it the ne...
- MPs Metric Speed Muddle ... Again
- A lesson to other Councils
- NCP and that Council Meeting last night
- Department for Transport Freedom of Information Re...
- More NCP Suspensions in Sunderland
- Should NCP Ltd run Sunderland's Parking regime?
- Popular blog in Sunderland Council offices
- New Speed Camera illegal? Bigger implications?
- New device to be used against motoring 'criminals'...
- Speed Scameras
- Is this the country you want your children to grow...
- As more local authorities are getting caught out w...
- New ITV 'Driving Me Crazy' Documentary
- Manchester City Council and the National Parking A...
- National Parking Adjudication Service 2006 Account...
- National Drivers Organisation to be launched soon
- Department for Transport anxiously watches Sunderl...
- Court adjourned for speeding cases
- High Wycombe Council in another fine mess
- Parking bosses meet Asian leaders
- PATAS faces another Bill of Rights Challenge
- Talks over city parking
- Leeds City Council Parking Problems
- Sunderland Parking Meltdown
- £3.5M parking fines may be written off
- PROBE INTO PARKING CONTRACT AFTER TV SHOCKER
- Two sets of parking rules for one street
- NCP deal to be reviewed
- TV probe into city parking
- Press Release: £1.2bn Parking Industry under threa...
- Is the National Parking Adjudication Service Indep...
- ▼ October (44)
- ► 2005 (445)