Monday 09 October 06
Talks were due to be held today over concerns about parking enforcement across Sunderland.
The move follows a BBC TV documentary which showed parking attendants using racist language and making offensive comments.
Phil Barrett, the city council's director of development and regeneration, was due to meet senior executives from NCP, the company which operated parking enforcement in the city.
Five attendants have been suspended from their posts as a result of the programme.
The chairman of the council's environmental and planning review committee, Jim Blackburn, wants a report on the situation to be presented to its meeting next Monday.
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- Burnley's Parkwise PCNs 'not compliant' NPAS rule
- Sunderland City Council's Coronation Street Imperi...
- EU Unfit for Purpose...
- Illegal Green Parking Fines
- NCP Cavalry on its way to Sunderland?
- Bagfull of Letters in the Sunderland Echo ... "Cle...
- NCP Parking Attendant Arrested
- Disappearing Sunderland Parking Ticket as major Ro...
- What Parking Problems?
- Councils 'turning parking into a money making exer...
- Parking Meltdown following Government Response to ...
- Leeds City Council Parking Regime ... Is it the ne...
- MPs Metric Speed Muddle ... Again
- A lesson to other Councils
- NCP and that Council Meeting last night
- Department for Transport Freedom of Information Re...
- More NCP Suspensions in Sunderland
- Should NCP Ltd run Sunderland's Parking regime?
- Popular blog in Sunderland Council offices
- New Speed Camera illegal? Bigger implications?
- New device to be used against motoring 'criminals'...
- Speed Scameras
- Is this the country you want your children to grow...
- As more local authorities are getting caught out w...
- New ITV 'Driving Me Crazy' Documentary
- Manchester City Council and the National Parking A...
- National Parking Adjudication Service 2006 Account...
- National Drivers Organisation to be launched soon
- Department for Transport anxiously watches Sunderl...
- Court adjourned for speeding cases
- High Wycombe Council in another fine mess
- Parking bosses meet Asian leaders
- PATAS faces another Bill of Rights Challenge
- Talks over city parking
- Leeds City Council Parking Problems
- Sunderland Parking Meltdown
- £3.5M parking fines may be written off
- PROBE INTO PARKING CONTRACT AFTER TV SHOCKER
- Two sets of parking rules for one street
- NCP deal to be reviewed
- TV probe into city parking
- Press Release: £1.2bn Parking Industry under threa...
- Is the National Parking Adjudication Service Indep...
- ▼ October (44)
- ► 2005 (445)