Elected assembly would reflect opinions of region’s population
I am in favour of an elected assembly to represent the interests of the people of the North East.
Part of the problem we all face in this region is that so many of the decisions, which affect what happens here, are made by London-based civil servants and members of unelected quangos.
Our own elected assembly would not only make a positive difference to the way the region is run as it would reflect the opinions of the North East population, but it would also give us a distinctive and clear voice to argue our case at national and international level.
Responses from North East Journal readers to firstname.lastname@example.org
-which quangos will go?
-reflect the opinions of the North East people...is that Sunderland and Newcastle? Is that 'North East ' opinion the same for a rural sheep farmer as it is for an urban office worker?
-who will listen to the voice at national and international level?
I am sure that the volleys fired will waken this dreamer.
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)
- Uncomfortable Minister trying to sell bottled fog ...
- Herron puts Cats Amongst Pigeons
- Private Members Clubs are the future. New legal di...
- Pigs Flying over Durham Cathedral
- Full Report on Postal Ballots by the Electoral Com...
- Northern Echo...Front Page
- Letter Berwick Advertiser
- Comment in the Yorkshire Post
- More Bad News...Vote to go ahead?
- But the North East had no problems ...at all.
- RDA officials 'uneasy' about ERA's
- How many Rivers in the North East?
- Electoral Commission Report Leaked?
- People will now wake up to Prescott's Shambles...i...
- Another Dreamer
- Regionalisation House of Cards Begins to Fall
- Hexham Courant 20th August
- Press 6 For Prescott...The Unwanted Emergency Serv...
- Prescott starting to prepare for defeat
- It Doesn't Need a Rocket Scientist !
- Today's Letters
- Today's Letters
- Yes Camp on Holiday?
- Looks like the Rev is debating with himself ! Perh...
- Today's Letters Pages
- Is England ready for regional government?
- Yes Campaign Bombarded.The public are waking up to...
- Latest Metric Martyrs News from Cornwall
- Lib Dems Alan Beith MP on the Real Reasons for NE ...
- Lenin's "Useful idiots," Fred Brady but not Ray Ma...
- Centralising Power
- Seeems like someone is getting under their skin
- We will wait for Lisa's answers. Don't hold your b...
- Metric Martyrs in Cornwall Throw Down the Gauntlet...
- Rapid Response
- Prescott's Fat, Government by the Tories.
- Today's ERA News in Newcastle Journal including Ed...
- Someone Else Read the Bill !
- Yes Campaign Letter Writer Now a Small Business Ex...
- Elected Assemblies..The big hurdle...cost!
- Let Them Eat Pasties
- "They Grow Like Topsy"
- Support The Campaign
- Another 'Usual Suspect' Joins Gravy Train Queue
- How clear?
- Only Two Myths To Shatter Today!
- Don't Forget!
- Cynical Hexham
- ▼ August (48)