1pm 22nd September
Sources reveal that there are some serious questions being asked within the Electoral Commission over the North East Referendum designation fiasco. Meetings are being held today and panic is rife within the walls of Trvelyan House.
Who was responsible for failing to check out NESNO? The information on their website www.northeastsaysno.co.uk is hardly informative and appears to be written by someone with a very limited understanding of the real debate.
They have no public meetings arranged.
Who failed to check out the Conservative connections within NESNO?
Who at the Electoral Commssion was responsible for checking the Government literature? The first the Electoral Commission had sight of the 'Have Your Say' Leaflet was on 3rd September at 1.30pm in Trevelyan House when it was handed to Douglas Stewart, Head of Referendums.
Why are the Electoral Commission not challenging the Government over the 'purdah period? Electoral Commission say no more information can be placed in the public domain for 28 days prior to the first ballot papers going out on 18th October. The ODPM are now saying they meant 28 days before the closing of the polls on 4th November. Which one is it guys?
They have not confirmed whether they are happy with the misleading content of the 'Have Your Say Leaflet.' Perhaps when they are called to submit evidence to the courts they may find the balls that they are supposed to have.
Still no decision has been given as to how they designated the No groups and which criteria the long established campaign did not fit.
No response to the question..."Was it only the North East No Campaign who was asked to submit further evidence?"
No explanation as to how NESNO appeared on the agenda for the House of Commons Select Committee which sat on 15th September. Designation was only decided, according to the Electoral Commission, the day before. The agenda was circulated on 9th September with Yes4theNorthEast and NESNO as the Yes and No campaigns.
All paths lead to our door...electronically, physically etc...with no-one even to find a telephone number for NESNO. How, therefore, did NESNO manage to get the shout?
Did the BBC know?
Nice to know that the Electoral Commission are now running around in a state of panic and disarray and seem to be preparing for Hurricane Ivan. Perhaps if they had devoted the same energies at scrutinising NESNO they would not be about to come under the full glare of the spotlight of the media.
Wednesday, September 22, 2004
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)
- Latest Poll...59% of Chronicle Readers Say No
- Press Release
- 'Foot in Mouth' disease flares up again
- Parents hold power balance Sep 30 2004 By Graeme...
- Calls start coming in...from Conservatives
- Letter Writers Exposed...Undercover Elephants
- More rows in the Counties and Districts
- Letters exposing misrepresentation cover the regio...
- NECC Poll rattles Yes Campaign into desperatesvill...
- More evidence of a stitch up
- Today's Letters
- NESNO Say No
- Journal Letters
- Assembly proposals 'half-baked' Sep 24 2004 By E...
- Sunday Telegraph Letters Date: 26 September 2004 ...
- North East's Biggest City Says No
- More bad news for Yes
- Prescott now exposed as desperate
- The full press release from NECC
- Northern Echo Business bosses reject N-E assembly...
- Another nail in the Yes Campaign coffin
- National Coverage as stakes get higher
- Judicial Review Papers Lodged
- Liberal Party Chairman calls for a No vote
- Tony Blair and Gordon Brown unite to say 'No'
- Yes Campaign kicked again by business
- ...while the official campaign sat on its hands
- North East Small Business not impressed with Presc...
- No Campaign takes the Deputy Prime Minister to Hig...
- Newcastle Evening Chronicle
- Today's Letters
- What price information? What price democracy?
- Lib Dems Say Government "Fumbled" and "stuttered"
- Northern Echo 23rd September... Councils take Lega...
- Regional Organisers Letters
- Sunderland Echo News 23rd September
- NESNO gets a headline! Well done.
- Moe correspondence from the public
- Audit Commission adds nothing ;-)
- ODPM Ask for more time
- High noon for Raynsford
- We want answers from the Electoral Commission, not...
- North East Says No Campaign Responds to the Questi...
- 27 hours and counting...Yes Campaign still silent ...
- More Letters...tidal wave grows
- Emergency Meetings in the Electoral Commission
- Ante Raised...Court case looms
- What are the Tories saying No to, and are they say...
- Spotlight getting brighter...Electoral Commssion g...
- Public waking up to the stitch-up
- Conspiracy over Stitch-up Grows
- 24 Hours and Counting
- Complaints start going in to the Electoral Commiss...
- Stakes raised and ODPM on the back foot
- Electoral Commission catch 'Foot in Mouth'
- 'Foot in Mouth' Epidemic Spreads
- 'Foot in Mouth' outbreak in North East
- Liberals attack Electoral Commission decision
- Prescott Looking for a Court Appearance
- Legal Challenge...Complaint to the Electoral Commi...
- Legal Challenge...Complaint to ODPM
- The Legal Challenge...Audit Commission Complaint
- The Rigging of a Referendum
- The Electoral Commissioners
- As more worms leave the tin
- NESNO walking into punch after punch
- Conspiracy over designation grows
- Shambles now about to become absolute chaos
- Undecided? Yes or No? More champagne Sir?
- Discredited Electoral Commission and the Betrayal ...
- Another Cock-up by the now discredited Electoral C...
- Just to Refresh you
- Electoral Commission about to be discredited?
- Who knew NESNO were the No Campaign?
- Mallon Ponders Role In Assembly
- Constituencies Decided ...after a Yes vote
- What have they done? Its now Conservative vs Labou...
- Electoral Commission Decides
- Rural Communities uncertain over benefits of an As...
- Cross and Non Party Coalition
- More Outrageous claims by Prescott
- There is nothing like a dose of self-interest to s...
- Recent Letters
- Regional Assemblies entering their twilight years....
- "Me? A cynic? Is it not obvious?"
- "We are giving you a referendum you never asked fo...
- A Collection of Recent Letters
- Prescott's Propaganda Challenged
- Whoops they did it again! BBC use Labour Politicia...
- Prescott running scared
- Well Done John Taylor, Leader of Alnwick Council
- What was \the question?
- Bottled Fog Sellers Lose out to Free Bread
- Tidal Wave of opposition
- Simply ask the question..."Why does there need to ...
- Spotlight getting brighter on this outrageous frau...
- ▼ September (96)