It seems that the Transport Committee is desperate to keep the information that we have from the official report.
Evidence is being given from all the usual suspects.The establishment is closing ranks to protect itself.
House of Commons
Enquiries 020 7219 6263 Fax 020 7219 0909 E-mail email@example.com
Committee Office Information Line for recorded information about Committee meetings: 020 7219 2033
FINDING A SPACE FOR PARKING POLICY
The Transport Committee previously announced its intention to inquire into the current effectiveness and quality of parking policy and enforcement. Oral evidence sessions will be held for this inquiry on 7 December and 14 December 2005, and the witnesses will be as follows:
Wednesday 7 December 2005
2.45pm British Parking Association
National Car Parks Ltd
3.30pm Association of London Government
Local Government Association
Manchester City Council
Winchester City Council
4.30pm Institution of Highways and Transportation
Technical Advisers Group
Wednesday 14 December 2005
2.45pm RAC Foundation
AA Motoring Trust
Freight Transport Association
Brewery Logistics Group
3.30pm National Parking Adjudication Service
Chief Parking Adjudicator for London
4.15pm Ms Karen Buck MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Transport
The evidence sessions will take place in public, unless otherwise decided by the Committee. Because the meetings may be moved from the Palace of Westminster to Portcullis House, those wishing to attend the meetings should check the venue by contacting the Committee Office Information Line on 020 7219 2033 on the day before the hearings.
Press Notice 16/2005-06
28 November 2005
Clerk of the Committee
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- Rochdale Council given 7 day ultimatum...Give the ...
- Transport Committee and the Freedom of Lack of Inf...
- Daily Express Poll - the result
- The answers from Rochdale Council over their unlaw...
- Can this really be the end for the St George flag?...
- The end of parking fines may be in sight
- Transport Committee puts its hands in its ears and...
- More news and press reports in brief
- Eu flag remains down
- We'll keep the Blue Flag Flying
- Press Release: Robin de Crittenden wins Appeal...n...
- Decittenden v Worcester...Decision to be announced...
- Herron on TalkSport...Parking Fine Mess
- Opponents pole-axed in flag row
- Eurocrats ban our Red Ensign
- Wear Valley District Council...Unanimous decision ...
- Rights to fight parking ticket
- Press Release:- Wear Valley Council and that EU Fl...
- Wear Valley Council desperate to fly the EU flag
- Zoe Hughes Column: Transport Committee...Dunwoody ...
- Road problems? You should have voted for the regio...
- Robin Decrittenden v Worcester City Council...Ques...
- NPAS Adjudicator Andrew Prickett to be given 'assi...
- Evidence Submission by Neil Herron to the Worceste...
- An end to Counties? Political Vandalism by New Lab...
- Misfeasance in Public Office...Oh Dear, Sunderland...
- I'll prove parking fines are illegal...Report of t...
- Your details are sold to car park extortionists
- Robin Decrittenden v Worcester City Council...NPAS...
- Thousands of drivers face clamping for old offence...
- Another flag victory for the People's No Campaign
- North West Regional Assembly 'like a private club'...
- Worcester Case report
- Press Release: Tribunal Hearing may expose Worcest...
- Notice of Event: Bill of Rights Hearing in Worcest...
- Newcastle City Councillor attempts to intimidate c...
- The Guest who won't take 'No' for an answer
- Newcastle City Council in Parking Mess
- Transport Committee Caught 'Bang to Rights'
- Transport Committee 'adjusts' official document......
- Another admission by Sunderland...Now it's the Met...
- £133,000 spent by quango on HQ art
- Parking meters face new reverse
- Desperate attempts to legitimise unlawful EU Flag
- Conservatives speak...a year too late!
- Commons Transport Committee in Bill of Rights 'Cov...
- Zoe Hughes reports double clanger in Journal
- Wheel clamping drive signalled
- Press Release: Another Howler from Sunderland Coun...
- "Is Sunderland a City?" "Dunno. We can't find the ...
- Ever wanted to say 'We told you so?'
- Campaigners still saying 'No'
- No Campaign's Headlights Frighten Assembly Rabbit
- North East Assembly Savaged
- Attention Motorists: Parking Issue exposed on Toni...
- Getting under the skin of the europhiles
- Tonight with Trevor Mc Donald: Parking Fines Frida...
- Transport Committee:Further Submission: "Fine or P...
- North East Assembly's Notice to Quit
- Penalty Charge Fine Mess...now Portsmouth
- Sunderland Council's parking regime in meltdown
- North East Assembly Given Notice to Quit
- Rochdale MP asks Parking questions in the House of...
- ▼ November (63)