The following letter came after the one from myself which exposed the fact that NCP and Sunderland Council were issuing tickets they knew to be illegal.
A number of points to note are that the letter writer was allowed anonymity despite the serious accusations of incitement and other defamatory comments;
also the fact that the Parking Attendant who suffered the injury was 24 years old. The letter writer claims to be the same age and a former PA. A telephone call from an insider at NCP confirms that there has been no other PA of this age.
Since DPE began in 2003 the Sunderland Echo published many articles about NCP and their PAs activities ... long before we began exposing their illegal actions.
Should anyone wish to comment about the points raised in this letter then the address is:-
Let us hope that Sunderland Echo has conducted the necessary checks on anonymous letter writers to establish their true identity before publishing such highly contentious, libellous and inaccurate comment.
Debate is one thing, criticism is another, but to allow the following letter to be published (the second anonymous personal attack in just over a week) seems that a pattern is emerging.
It also needs to be noted that a former PA actually went to the Sunderland Echo over a year ago with the facts regarding the Taxi Ranks and Blue Badge Holders, as well as the fact that PCNs had been issued illegally. The Sunderland Echo never ran the story until we broke it in the Newcastle Journal on August 13th 2005. Draw your own conclusions as to why the story, which would have taken one telephone call to Sunderland City Council to establish provenance, was never ran.
Sunderland Echo Letters
February 9th 2006
'Quest' is to blame
FOLLOWING your report about the attendant in Sunderland who was viciously stabbed by a hypodermic needle in Sunderland for doing her job, I'm wondering if the uproar caused by Metric Martyrs and their "quest" to abolish parking charges may have indirectly caused this shocking action?
Their blogspots on the internet regarding Sunderland parking fines and any other council's parking charges they can get there grubby mits on, are unbelievably biased to what is really going on.
They give people false hopes that if they challenge a ticket, even if they know they were in the wrong, they won't have to pay the charge.
Once a parking attendant myself (and the same age as the attendant in the story), I really do feel for the lady who was stabbed and cannot help but feel that people like the Metric Martyrs are causing animosity against people in parking and the public.
Parking attendants not only go round issuing tickets, but are members of the community who are usually very helpful to visitors to a city, giving directions to places, are a visible presence who can help reduce crimes such as car and house break-ins, tax disc evasions and so on.This type of work is all part of the day-to-day unmentioned duties of a parking attendant, yet everyone is so set against them!
Because no-one likes getting a parking ticket. But at the end of the day, parking charges are introduced for a reason, and without them everyone would be complaining that they couldn't park properly, because of the people who disregard parking with consideration.
I would have entered my comment on the Internet blogspots, however, as some people have the same views as me, they have now stopped blogspot readers from entering comments of their own, which were edited and removed at the Metric Martyrs discretion anyway!
Metric Martyrs, give it up, and stop endangering the lives of the parking attendants, not just in Sunderland, but in our region!
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- Metricate the Roads? Looks like Prescott is on the...
- Well Done BBC Look North's Colin Briggs
- Another Clanger ... they just keep on coming here ...
- Another Poll ... indulge yourself
- Pro Metric Metro newspaper attempts to distort pol...
- Council ordered to pay back parking tickets
- Herron on TalkSPORT
- Kinnockio in the Booker Column...now we know why h...
- Getting the hump
- Kinnock gets a treble up ... three non-runners!
- UKMA Run away from any debate
- DVLA Data Base and the £50m robbery
- Council Fists allegedly fly at NCP in Council Car ...
- Give these Jokers a millimetre and they'll take ou...
- Save Our Miles
- Why the switch to metric could be olympic task
- In praise of ... the mile
- Kinnock backs metric road signs
- Parking Probe Urged
- Metricate the roads ... get real!
- Metric Road Signs on Royal Estate
- Pass the Buck Darling ... Pressure mounts
- Department for Transport Response to Chris Mullin ...
- Road Signs to Go Metric in 5 years?
- Wallstrom urges propaganda in schools
- EU Flag. No plans to change guidance?
- Mayoral Referendum in Sunderland ... 10,615 and co...
- NPAS Annual Report
- Burnley Council ... formal letter incorporating th...
- Now Burnley...Parkwise again.
- EU Flag at Wear Vally DC...down for good.
- Mum's Parking Misery
- Calls for a Public Inquiry into the Sunderland Par...
- NPAS Submission - Payne v Mole Valley DC
- Looks like another batch of Parking Ticket refunds...
- What a Year! Fantastic! Leader of Sunderland Counc...
- Bill of Rights 1689 and Decriminalised Parking Fin...
- The latest from the city of Sunderland Solicitor a...
- Are the questions too difficult Darling?
- Good practice?
- Desperate Tactics...
- Sunderland Echo Letters: Parking Tickets 'not lega...
- Council gets the hump
- Breaking point: the parking fightback
- Sunderland City Council ... nowhere left to turn? ...
- Sunderland Echo Letters: A personal agenda?
- Speed Humps, 20mph zones and more problems in Sund...
- Sunderland City Council and those outstanding ques...
- Blue Badge Holders wrongly ticketed. Millions shou...
- Report reveals catalogue of parking errors
- Sunderland Echo Letters: Sunderland's Parking Regi...
- Sunderland Council...good morning. There are many ...
- ▼ February (52)
- ► 2005 (445)